After installing your Windows Authentication Server it is now time to look at the Shared Settings.
This is the place in which to configure the folders that should be accessible to users in the XpressDox Explorer.
Users will have access to these folders as well as sub-folders.
- Open the sharedFolders.txt file in [YourInstallPath]\XpressDoxWinAuth\SharedSettings.
Here is where you can decide which root folders should be displayed.
An example might be:
In this example C:\XpressDoxTemplates is the location of the templates. Make sure that this path is visible by the server. It is not necessary to display folders such as CodeTemplates, Masters and Datasets to the users but they do need to be visible by the server.
- Open the DocumentAssembly.config.xml located in [YourInstallPath]\XpressDoxWinAuth\SharedSettings.
- Ensure that SharedFoldersFileName contains the above file
- Provide a label for the shared folders. This is what the users will see when they open the XpressDox Explorer
- Open the DocumentAssembly.config.xml in [YourInstallPath]\XpressDoxWinAuth\HomeConfiguration
- The SharedSettingsConfigurationFolder should contain the folder specified in points 1 and 2 above i.e. [YourInstallPath]\XpressDoxWinAuth\SharedSettings\
- And the SharedFoldersFileName must be the name of txt file specified in point 1 e.g. SharedFolders.txt
2019-06-20 Version 11.1.1
- The feature to enable configuring a SQL SELECT statement as a data source has been introduced. Read about it here.
Some bug fixes:
«Dollars» function will now insert the word ” and ” between the dollar value and cents value for US English.
- A tab character in front of an If or ForEach was repeating. This has been fixed.
«SetEmptyMarker» for a specific data element was reverting to the default instead of applying to that data element.
2019-06-07 Version 11.1.0
- Full XPATH syntax in ForEach is now supported. For example:
«ForEach(Child | Parent | Party)» which will iterate over Child, Parent and Party repeaters.
- Attempt to fix the corruption of the settings file, which is sometimes affected by Windows updates.
- A Tab in front of If/ForEach/RepeatWhile commands was being replicated. This has been fixed.
- When a default Empty Marker was set, the attempts to override this with specific empty markers for data elements was not working. It now works.
«RunWordMacro()» command was causing a Preview to fail. This should now work correctly.
Web Release Notes
- Added Server Administrator role. User with this role has access to new UI where he can manage server licenses.
- Server Administrator can export accounts as a SQL scripts.
- Account Administrator can see other users home directories in Cloud mode.
- Chained rules are being evaluated one by one providing relevant error message.
- Added support for rules to limit number of items in repeater.
With effect from Version 7, there are a number of shortcuts for referring to some of the variable-handling functions. They were introduced to take away the amount of typing necessary when many variables are being used.
A full list of the shortcuts is as follows:
::A - AppendVr
::G - GetV
::I - IncrementV
::N - GetVn
::P - RemoveParagraph
::S - SetV
::R - SetVr
can now be written
which saves typing a set of quotes and a set of parentheses.
can be written as
The shortcuts are translated early on in the parsing process into their formal format, so that sometimes if there are other syntax errors relating to the shortcut usage, the error message will refer, for example, to “GetV” rather than “::G”.
2019-04-15 Version 11.0.3
The file SiteSettings.xml was not included in a new install of version 11.0.0 the 32 bit XpressDox desktop.
2019-04-10 Version 11.0.2
A bug was introduced in version 11 which caused a “script-as-function” inside another script to fail, giving the error that the script should consist of exactly one fillpoint.
2019-04-09 Version 11.0.1
Files were missing from the 11.0.0 Author (Desktop) installer.
2019-04-03 Version 11.0.0
- The major feature released with this version is a fully functioned conversion of HotDocs® templates to XpressDox format. In order to support this conversion, a number of functions have been introduced into XpressDox, in particular
While, and some others. Please see the article
What to expect on the XpressDox web site for more information.
- There was a bug in the
DefineSetAllGroup where if the “List” data element was excluded from the interview, then the entire group was hidden.
- A problem with using
SetMultipleDocumentFilter inside templates merged with
MergeTemplate has been fixed.
CompareStrings function will compare two strings and return a value of -1, 0 or +1 depending on whether the first is less than, equal to or greater than the second.
- Manipulating of XpressDox variables can now be done in the interview (typically inside an
OnExitSet). The last value assigned to a variable in the interview will be available to the template during the assembly phase.
- The What’s New document is no longer opened automatically when XpressDox is started after an update. If you are reading this as a Word document, then probably you already know that there is a new button in the XpressDox Ribbon which will open this document.
- An attempt has been made to circumvent the exceptions being raised when an assembled document has been saved in a location on the local file system which is being synchronised by Microsoft applications to a cloud location. When this happens, the document which is opened in Word sometimes has the URL of the sync’ed document instead of the local file system folder path.
Web Release Notes
- Buttons are now available in the web interview.
- Search by filename available in the web.
- Email management tab available in the web for Administrator users.
- Database versioning for web version. Scripts located in the folder o2Smart.DocumentAssembly.Web\DatabaseScripts\.
- Multiple previews are now available in the web.
AppendVr implemented in the web
2019-02-13 Version 10.4.5
In the Cloud systems, various errors were occurring related to multi-threading issues, these have been fixed.
2019-01-24 Version 10.4.3
- A problem in accessing a picture from a URL has been fixed.
Dynamic Captions feature (point 6 of 10.4.0) was not handling non-XSLT functions correctly.