2018-09-28 Version 10.3.0.3
- Scripts can be defined with parameters. The
UseScriptcommand will then provide values for the parameters defined in the Script. For example,
«FormatDate(LastDayInMonth(IncrementDate(&Date&,&Days&,‘d’)),‘dd MMMM yyyy’)»,
This will result in the numbers 12 and 24 being added to Today() and to the data element YourDate (resp.), and then the last day of the month calculated for the results.
Note the syntax: you can use the script name as if it were a command or function name. Hence this feature is also known as “Create your own XpressDox command”. UseScript will still work.
ScriptIfEndcommands permit conditional logic within a Script.
- The concept of “function chaining” has been introduced. In the above example, the nested function calls (IncrementDate within LastDayInMonth withn FormatDate) are not very easy to read. Using function chaining, the fillpoint
«FormatDate(LastDayInMonth(IncrementDate(&Date&,&Days&,‘d’)),‘dd MMMM yyyy’)»would be rendered as:
«IncrementDate(&Date&,&Days&,‘d’)->LastDayInMonth()->FormatDate(,‘dd MMMM yyyy’)»
The “->” symbol can be read as “goes into”, or “pass through to”.
- Integration of Desktop and Cloud is accomplished through the XpressDox Explorer and Configuration. You can author a template in Word, save and run it in the Cloud, all inside the XpressDox Explorer.
- Word documents (.docx, .doc and .rtf) with Word Merge Fields can be run as XpressDox templates, with the Word merge fields being converted “on the fly” to XpressDox fillpoints. The assumption is that the Word fields are simple fields and do not contain conditional logic. Date, number and Upper/Lower/Sentence case conversions are supported.
IncludeCodeTemplatehas been modified so that, in the case where the Text option is specified, it will not include any non-fillpoint text at all. Previously, if a paragraph contained text as well as fillpoints, then the entire paragraph was included, text and all. Now the text will be removed and only fillpoints will be left. Any empty paragraphs are removed.
MaximumRepeatscommand will limit the number of repeats that can be entered in the interview. For example,
«MaximumRepeats(Child,3)»will allow at most 3 Child data elements to be captured in the interview.
- When a field in the interview is a Decimal (e.g.
«CaptureDataElement(Amount,Decimal)») then a zero which was sent in via a data source or Use Other Data would render in the interview as an empty string, instead of “0”. This has been fixed.
Web Release Notes
- The “How to Page” has new, simple, and straight to the point instructions. Updated with the new look and feel of the Cloud.
MaximumRepeater (with Condition)command is available in both the Desktop and the Cloud
- Cloud default theme changed from the classic Xpressdox Red to the new navy blue color.
- The downloading of files with Umlaut description encodes and decodes property for all browsers, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- The evaluation of the conditions with “&” now evaluates correctly on the
GetDataSourceDatais now available in the web.
- Rounding of decimal numbers are now in an Arbitrary-precision.
HideRegistrationTabproperty hides and shows the Registration tab on the login page.
- API that returns a Version of XpressDox Engine that is current running. Click link to see more about the API:
- Fix the Error messages to display in the red color instead of the blue.
- Added the fullstop and the plus sign to the matches when parsing the date in the ww.jquery script file
- The control is no longer disabled when using the InsertTemplate command.
«SetInitialValue(LegalForm,'GmbH & Co. KG')»
«If(LegalForm = 'GmbH & Co. KG')»