- Some new commands have been added:
- SetSavedDocumentNameVersioning can be used to inhibit the default merged document name versioning feature. In other words, by default if a merged document is saved and there is another document in the same folder with the same start to the name, then a tie-break digit is appended to the file name (just before the extension). The command <<SetSaveDocumentNameVersioning(off)>> will disable that feature, and the new merged document will overwrite any same-named document in its folder.
- SaveAsPDF can be used in a template to cause merged documents to be saved as PDF, even if that option is not checked in the configuration for that template’s folder. That means that the configuration option can be left off, and only those documents that really need to be in PDF can be saved as such. (N.B. Saving as PDF is not available with Word 2003 and is only available in Word 2007 if the (free) Microsoft PDF add-in has been installed. Word 2010 supports saving as PDF).
- RestrictToLicenses enables a template author to provide a list of XpressDox licence serial numbers, and XpressDox will not run that template (or a template that tries to <<IncludeTemplate>> that template) unless the user’s XpressDox licence has one of the designated serial numbers. It only makes sense to use this command in conjunction with the encryption feature described below.
- The Trim function trims white space from either side of a value.
- All valid XML data element names are now acceptable as data element names. That means that, for example, Cyrillic and Greek characters can be used, as well as the Latin characters accepted so far.
- The data base search form’s dimensions are retained from one invocation to the next.
- A template encryption feature is now available. When a template is saved from the Explorer, an option to enter a password is provided. When a password is provided, the template will be encrypted when it is saved, and can only be opened in Word by a user who knows the password. The template can be run, or included via <<IncludeTemplate>> or <<InsertDocument>> without the user running the template having to know the password.
- When an interview has Tabs in it, then XpressDox will provide a Next and Back button to navigate through the Tab control. The user will still be able to select a specific Tab, or navigate using the standard <Ctrl Tab> and <Ctrl Shift Tab> keys. In addition the shortcut keys <Ctrl X> and <Ctrl B> have been included, for Next and Back, respectively.
- The IsRegex rule will make sure the two anchor characters “^” and “$” appear around the Regex pattern string.
XpressDox Help Center
Use Google To Find Help Fast, e.g. xpressdox choosefromlist
Press Getting Started in the XpressDox toolbar for basic template development
Watch the tutorial videos
View command help from list of commands
Press F1 for help on a command in the Command Editor
Email email@example.com for assistance