- The <<ChooseFromFile()>> command includes a new parameter which is a prefix to be applied to the data element names which are defined in the file. This enables a template author to use the same file to choose different data elements.
- <<MergeTemplate()>> will accept a hard-coded file name (in quotes), or a data element name (the data element contains the file name) or a function call (such as ‘concat’) which builds up a file name. That template file (and any other templates which are referred to in other <<MergeTemplate()>> commands) is then merged as a separate file using the same data set as was used in the original template.
- The <<InsertTemplate()>> command has been introduced and is EXACTLY the same as the <<InsertDocument()>> command but is more appropriately named. InsertDocument has been retained for backward compatibility, but will not longer appear in the Command Editor.
- The IncludeTemplate, and InsertTemplate commands have a new parameter (“PreserverHeaders”) which will include (or insert) the template and preserve the header and footer (and other section information) in the included template. The default for this parameter is “ExcludeHeaders”.
- There is a new function called EndsWith, which complements the (XSLT) function starts-with.
- The SetVR function has been introduced and is functionally EXACTLY the same a <<SetV()>>, but has the side effect of removing the paragraph in which it appears. This is to help the template author to eliminate extra empty paragraphs when using <<SetV()>>. Thus <<SetVR(whatever)>> is equivalent to <<SetV(whatever)>><<RemoveParagraph()>>.
- The template painter now paints <<Script()>> and <<ScriptEnd()>> commands.
XpressDox Help Center
Use Google To Find Help Fast, e.g. xpressdox choosefromlist
Press Getting Started in the XpressDox toolbar for basic template development
Watch the tutorial videos
View command help from list of commands
Press F1 for help on a command in the Command Editor
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance